A Pair of French Mid-Century Glass Lamps
Item Number: 1792
A Pair of French Glass Lamps Marked Cristal St. Louis France
Mid 20th Century
Each of tapering triangular s-form.
Height to base of light fitting: 8"
Height to top of finial: 15.5"
The glassworks Cristallerie de Saint Louis was established in Saint-Louis-les-Bitche originally in 1586, and was reinaugurated by Louis XV in memory of his ancestor, Louis IX. In 1781 the Cristallerie was the first in continental Europe to develop the technique of lead crystal production. Still in production, the company was purchased by Hermes in 1989.
We Also Recommend